Ok, not necessarily together, but they both made headlines at our house today.
First things first, the pee update. John Paul went back for his follow-up visit with his urologist this afternoon. Bad news? We're out 30 bucks. Good news? He got a clean bill of health! We did learn his bladder is a little small. So while he can take medication to enlarge it, we opted to just let nature take its course and let it grow bigger on its own. His peeing, believe it or not, is still within the normal range. Maybe I worry too much (and sometimes not enough), but I'm still going to keep an eye on him. Excuse me one moment while I step up on my soapbox. Ahem. There. Why is it that Austin, this BIG, huge metropolitan, capital city, only has TWO pediatric urologists??? I think Dr. Cortez is great, but I'm just so frustrated that our second opinion options are so limited. We'll see how the next few weeks go and if need be, I can call my urologist (the one from my kidney stone episode) to see if he can take a look at John Paul. I love, love, love Dr. Bruce. So, we'll wait and pee, oops, I mean, see.
Oh, remember I told you we had a story about the peeing at our house? Well, after his VCUG (that would be a voiding cystourethrogram for you doctor-types), he was in some pain from the catheter. Yeah, been there. Ouch. He had held it for like 10 hours and I was starting to wig out. Seriously, Scott and I were trying everything. Popsicle? Bowl of ice cream? Trip to the moon? Cokes for a week? Name it buddy and it's yours. Just pee for us, PLEASE!!! To no avail. So, here it is midnight and John Paul has been in the bathroom for over an hour with no progress. Scott gets on the phone with the doctor and John Paul and I huddle up on the couch to watch some HGTV. Maybe it was the kitchen remodel or the annoying host, but he tells me he needs to go to the bathroom. So, we head to the toilet. Same story. Starts to pee, then starts crying because it hurts. At this point, I'm at my wits end. I don't know what else to do. Instinctively, I just stood behind him, put my hands on his shoulders and started praying the Hail Mary, over and over and over. By the time I got to the fourth one, he starts peeing...I wanted to, too! Afterwards, he practically ran down the hall to tell Scott (who was STILL on the phone with the doctor). We had a few more prayer times in the bathroom, but then he hit his stride and all was good.
Now, on to the cooking. Will had a little morning camp at Central Market. The secret ingredient? CHOCOLATE! Hi-yah! Sorry, too much Food Network. He came out of class so proud of his creations. I'll post a picture soon, if they're not already eaten. And the best part was Scott met the rest of us for lunch while Will was in culinary mode. Fun. Fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment