This Saturday, we had to escape the pressure cooker of Austin, so we journeyed to the other Holyland. Aggieland. Can I hear a WHOOP?
We first met up with Anna-Laura's Godfather, Fr. David. He's the Pastor at St. Mary's, former Vocations Director for the Diocese and a super funny, very faithful man. Fr. D is the second of twelve. Awesome. He has so many funny stories about growing up, I could listen for hours. And, he's super patient around our kids. He's like E.F. Hutton. They always listen to him. I think one of the sweetest moments of the day was watching Fr. David walk in, seeing ALG light up, scream out his name and run right into his arms. Fr. D, thanks for joining us for lunch. You. Are. Awesome.
We surely know plenty of wonderful people in Aggieland, but this trip was all about making connections with people that understood...life. Um, so technically our families knew each other before the jaunt (the husbands Josh and Scott met first), but initially I just stalked The Simmons Family in cyberspace. I first learned about their sweet family when Josh asked for prayers for their growing brood. The doctors detected some challenges with Baby Catherine and she was due shortly after Luke was born. I fell in love with Elizabeth's honesty and my heart ached for them having to experience the NICU rollercoaster. When Catherine died unexpectedly at the tender age of 9 days, I realized just how fragile life was...again. And, just how a woman of faith can endure such pain. Elizabeth, I just want you to know that your honesty is refreshing and your journey with Catherine has made me a better mom to my own children. Oh, and Josh, this is for you. Blue Bell Rocks. Funny how two little peanuts brought our families together in such a special way.
Our lazy afternoon allowed us to share our challenges, our joys, our fears and, I suspect, there was a lot more shared that was unspoken, too. There's something to be said for life experience. Josh, Elizabeth and crew...we are so honored that you allowed us to crash the party and spend some time with your amazing family.



1 comment:
Oh, you know- the feelings are all mutual. We had a GREAT time. You guys are awesome. Thanks for making the trip.
Post a Comment