Historical Site!

Friends - I've moved to teamwhitaker.org. This site is still here—for now—but won't be forever and won't be updated. Visit me today at teamwhitaker.org!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Surgery Day...Again :(

Yes, you read correctly.  We're heading BACK to Dell Children's this morning for Luke's fifth - and I am oh-so-hopeful it's the final - surgery.  This time, it's for his ears.  Luke hasn't had a ton of ear infections, but two of them have come after ear infection season.  Complicating matters is that he can't take the meds to treat them effectively because he's allergic to those pesky cephalosporins.  And, the meds he CAN take irritate his belly.  Which, if you remember all the fun we've had with that little organ, presents a problem.

Fantastic.

Dr. Connolly, our fabulous ENT, recently commented, "Hey, so Luke's a little complicated."  Ya think?  But, he did reassure us that Luke is finally having a problem that normal babies have.  Actually, his exact words were, "Not to be a smart a**, but this is a normal kid problem."  You see why we get along so well?

At 7:30am this morning, we'll arrive at Dell.  Surgery is slated for 9am.  It should only take about 10-15 minutes and then the rest is up to Master Luke and how well he recovers.  I dare to say we might be home around lunchtime.  Then again, I shouldn't dare with Luke.  Let's just say we better not be spending the night in that joint.  I'm not a fan of their beds :)

So, offer up what you've got this morning - for Luke, his doctor, the nurses and a very scared mom and dad.  Our track record at Dell with surgeries isn't in the Hall of Fame.

I'll keep everyone posted via FB and Twitter.  Until then...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...