Skipping the QOTW this week. It's not really "kid friendly" :(
Before I give you the d lo on Luke, I don't think this awesome doctor has ever graced the blog. Luke's ENT (ear-nose-throat) doctor, Dr. Connolly, is a total crack up and a heck of a good physician. The thing I love, love about this picture is that this is the way Dr. C always looks. If I ever run into him outside of clinic, I will never recognize him without that thingamajig on his head!
He has been extraodinarily patient with Luke and my one-million questions. Dr. C inserted Luke's ear tubes last July and they have been a complete and total Godsend. We can't really afford for Luke to be sick, he's allergic to most of the antibiotics that heal an ear infection and his medical history is ridiculously complicated. Enter Dr. C. He came highly recommended and for good reason. We are hopeful that Luke's ear tube stint will soon become unnecessary and we can let Dr. C loose sometime next year.
Now. Onto the gut, the lack of eating and the gagging. It all pretty much stinks. Pun intended. I had a tearful, yet awesome, visit with Luke's pediatrician on Tuesday morning and a great visit with Luke's occupational therapist on Wednesday. I'm still waiting to visit with the gastroenterologist. In the meantime, we have been doing some serious research and making some phone calls about where to go from here. Really, we have three options: surgery, more testing and radical therapy...or a combination of the three. The next few weeks will be very telling (and taxing and trying and hopefully hope-building). I just ask three things:
1. Keep praying. Like really praying. For clarity, for wisdom and for patience.
2. If I look stressed or tired or just answer your Luke question with, "He's ok", please don't take it personally. We just have a boatload of stuff on the mind.
3. Send me funny jokes. This week my Hand to Hold mentor sent me a blogpost about bathing suits and Texas weather. I'm pretty sure I wet my pants.
For our weekend? We're just giving it all to God and ENJOYING life because my birthday is tomorrow. YIPPPPPEEEEE!!!! I love my birthday just as much as I love my kids'. What's not to love, man? It's the day you were born. We're gonna do it up right. That I promise. More on that fun time coming to the blog next week. So, it goes without saying we will definitely have a good weekend. I hope you do the same!
Friday, June 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
i cried because I laughed so hard the first time I came across this blog!
http://catalogliving.net/
and I will pray for you guys :).
Still praying...I'm sure you're so tired of hearing it, but you are the perfect mom on this earth for your son. On good days and bad days when you don't feel up to the challenge, you are his best mommy just by being you. Know that you are truly Luke's hero, now and always--and particularly when you seem to be getting none of the answers.
Post a Comment