As Luke's one year (wow - ONE YEAR!) birthday approaches, we've given a tremendous amount of thought as how best to thank our amazing community for your support and to celebrate Luke's presence in our lives. Scott and I kept coming back to the Eucharist and to Mass. It certainly seems appropriate, then, to invite each and every one of you - Catholic, non-Catholic, family, friend, blog stalkers and the like - to join us at a Mass of Thanksgiving for Luke, celebrated by his Godfather, Fr. Dean Wilhelm, at our parish, St. Vincent de Paul.
Get out your calendars and mark down this date!
September 18, 2010
10-10:45am
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church
9400 Neenah Ave.
Austin, TX 78717
You certainly don't have to be Catholic to attend. Yes, kids are welcome (encouraged, of course!). And, if you're unable to join us with your presence, please join us in prayer. I have no doubt your prayers will be heard in Austin!
Hip, hip, hooray - Superman Luke is nearly ONE!


4 comments:
Seriously-- are you just TRYING to make me cry? Oh- and to top it off - Fr. "God Father" called to dump some salt in the wound since I can't be there.... nice!
I don't even know where to start on my sweet Luke.
Too choked up right now... I love you all!!
What a wonderful idea... and leave it to you and Scott to think of it. You know I will be there (in spirit). May God continue to bless your wonderful family!
BK...he is one beautiful boy!!! CANNOT believe he will be 1. Unreal. Love you all.
Kathryn, we will be out of town but will be with you in prayer and will pass on the birthday invite to your followers...Thanks and love, Leslie
Post a Comment