I figure if I write it here, it must be the Gospel truth. Last January, I set a goal of completing the Cap 10K in April. Master Luke decided I needed him more. Admittedly, he was a cuter alternative. Now that some of that crazy has left the building, I've decided to dust off my Mizuno's and get back at it.
This time, I'm starting slow, just walking. Don't let the bird legs fool you, I am no athlete. Shoot, I was drum major in the band, people. I can't shoot a basket to save my life, much less anyone else's. And, the closest I've been to working out in the last decade is giving birth to five children. Impressive, yes. Athletic for the long term, no.
My goal? To walk 30 minutes 4x week. Not a leisurely stroll, either. I'm talking mom walk like one of my children is about to bite it off the slide but I'm in my best heels. So, not quite a run, but still lightning fast. I'll get up to running speed in another month. I'll give you a update on my progress in February. I like being the mom, I just want to be the hot mom...if only in my bathroom mirror :)
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment