I'm going to take a quick moment and wish our sweet friends, the de Keratry's, a safe and completely uneventful MOVE to Australia. Yes, as in the country.
Peter and I have known each other since the eighth grade. Oh, do I have stories. We both won the 4-H Gold Star the same year. Peter married Colleen and she is awesome. They have two sweet boys, Jack and Andrew, and a new baby girl, Maddie Fitz, just a few weeks old.
I know, I thought it was supremely cruel of them to have a girl and then move down under.
They are on a great adventure. Peter will be serving as the Director of Development for the Archdiocese of Brisbane. I know it was a decision they prayed about many a night. It's just going to be weird to not have them just down the way. Thank goodness for skype, facebook and email.
The joke around our house is that Peter always lets us know Scott's next job. He was instrumental in getting Scott the job at the Archdiocese of Indianapolis and the one here in Austin. I am indebted to both Peter and Colleen for helping grow my business. They began a fundraising consulting company, Petrus Development, for whom I serve as a freelance communications consultant. It is great fun and I am grateful to them for introducing me to so many of my fab-u-lous clients.
Perhaps Scott and I will get to take that belated honeymoon trip to Australia (our original plan was to head south, but because of Olympic travel, we headed north to Canada instead).
de Keratry's - you mean a great deal to our family. You are good people. I'm grateful God led you to Austin for a short bit...we'll catch you on the flip side. Hopefully in three years when the contract ends, right? :)
LOVE!!
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment