This week, there are two moms I just can't get out of my head, heart or prayers.
Elizabeth. Yesterday was her sweet Catherine's first birthday. It should be a beautiful celebration. But little Catherine only lived 9 days. Nine precious days. The milestones we celebrate - and often take for granted - are a reminder of what was and what will never be. It's not possible for me to truly understand that kind of loss. But it is possible for me to offer up prayers for comfort, peace and joy.
Jenny. She and I were sorority sisters at A&M and last week she gave birth to two really, really cute identical twin girls. They were just over the 35 week mark, but at 4 pounds and change, they're just not ready to leave the NICU. Yesterday, Jenny left the hospital without them. I know that kind of day. It sucks (that would be a direct quote from one of my neonatologists). Oh, how the torrent of emotions comes rushing back, just when you think you're doing ok.
In my heart, I know there are so many moms on this day who need our prayers. We can never say enough, can we? Elizabeth, Jenny and so many others...we're praying for you. Love you two.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks, Kathryn. Your prayers and sweet words are always appreciated. It does help that I have a newborn to keep me very very busy lately. But we still miss Catherine very much.
Post a Comment