Historical Site!

Friends - I've moved to teamwhitaker.org. This site is still here—for now—but won't be forever and won't be updated. Visit me today at teamwhitaker.org!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

VOTE for Luke! And your Top Ten.

If you're just joining the blog this week, may want to read Tuesday's post about Super Luke and "Preemie of the Year" voting.  There's no partisanship involved, only pure cuteness.  You can cast one vote a day through November 10.  Don't worry, I'll remind you :)  Feel free to share the link!

VOTE HERE!!

Ok, now that you've done your civic duty, on to the top ten.  In the spirit of last night's election results, I thought I'd do my own "analysis" on politics.

TOP TEN:  POLITICAL OBSERVATIONS

1.  I really, REALLY miss Tim Russert.  Nobody works a whiteboard like Tim.  We miss ya buddy.

2.  It's hardly "exclusive breaking news" when I see it on TV, read about it on FB, get a tweet and check online all within 30 seconds of one another.

3.  I wish they'd just give us the results and skip the analysis.  We'll be living the "after" soon enough.

4.  I feel really sad that we no longer refer to ourselves as people, but colors instead.  That can't be good for the future of our country.

5.  As happy as I was with many of the results here in my home district, it sure would've been nice to see a few more ladies with Senator or Honorable before their names.  Guess we're all home raising future voters :)

6.  I'm totally a fan of term limits.

7.  I'm totally a fan of campaign finance reform.

8.  I'm totally a fan of banning all ridiculously mean political ads.

9.  I'm totally a fan of chocolate (oops, wrong top ten).

10.  I'm loving that today, my phone hasn't rung once.

America the Beautiful.  Land of the Free.  Home of the Brave.  I'm pretty proud and honored to call myself an American and I hope you are, too.

2 comments:

amanda said...

Couldn't agree more. I'm sure there are many candidates out there who would have more of a shot if they only had the same budgets as the big dogs in the club. I also agree with term limits. I also have asked my self this question - is 2 years really enough time to do anything productive other than really mess things up by trying to do too much too fast so you can say you did something? I'm not even thinking about a particular situation - just 2 years in general is not much for someone to get situated learn the lay of the land then do something.

Meggan said...

As we were watching returns last night I turned to my husband and said, "Man, I miss Tim Russert." His election night enthusiasm was unparalleled.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...