Last week, the "bigs" enjoyed Golf Camp down in South Austin. We've done several of the summer camps with the boys and they've always enjoyed it. This year, Anna-Laura was old enough to join in the fun. There are many reasons I love Lonny's camps, but most importantly, I love that he teaches them life skills, in addition to the game of golf.
At the end of the week they earned their beloved medals. Truly, they earned them. Anna-Laura is learning how to address the ball and proper course etiquette. John Paul is learning control in his swing (shocking, I know) and Will is perfecting his swing. As Coach Lonny said, "Will had the best balance in the camp. He's going to make a fine young golfer."
Dad, Papa and Uncle Daniel are surely proud of that statement. I'm pretty sure Will knocked it about 130 yards on his first drive. I guess momma needs to start taking lessons. Scott's got his foursome! I was equally proud of how much improvement I saw in John Paul and how much fun ALG was having. We're already looking forward to camp this summer.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I better start playing them for money now because they'll be beating me soon enough. So proud of them.
Post a Comment